Special Needs Planning

Every family has difference circumstances and needs. And when it comes to children, sometimes special considerations must be taken into account to make sure children are taken care of after parents pass away. These considerations can be anything from mental illnesses or disabilities to physical illnesses or disabilities. Regardless of the cause, generally there are more costs associated with the care of a special needs individual. Our society has several programs in place that can provide assistance to people in this situation.

Programs like Medicaid and Social Security disability can help disabled or special needs individuals still live and enjoy a good life. However, if you have assets, like a home, retirement account, etc., and you pass away, most of the time assets will be left for these individuals who are receiving help from these governmental assistance programs, which can then terminate those benefits until those assets are used up. But that does not have to be the case.

There are several legal ways that you can leave your assets to someone with special needs who may be receiving Medicaid or Social Security disability or who may need those programs (or their replacements) in the future. If you are in this situation, please take time to set up a complimentary appointment with one of our special needs attorneys to discuss what legal options are available to you.

Call us at 801-960-2750 or email us at info@prioritylawfirm.com.

  • info@PriorityLawFirm.com
  • 801-960-2750
  • 526 W. Center St. N-105, Pleasant Grove, UT